Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome volunteers

PHOTO: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY INTERNATIONAL
Habitat for Humanity Cambodia and home partner families welcome volunteers for the Khmer Harvest Build. “I want to build my own house with volunteers from overseas. I have no experience but I am willing to learn. The thought of having a house that belongs to me makes me happy,” said Kim Keomheng, a 42-year-old cake seller.

At the build site in Oudong, Kandal province, thousands of soil blocks are waiting in neat stacks. Some 350 international volunteers from New Zealand, the United States, Korea, Germany and Hong Kong will build alongside 22 families. The volunteers will also make bricks and work on a nearby farm which will provide a source of livelihood for some families.

7 comments:

Barbara Dunn said...

Hi Nancy,

Your blog is GREAT. Love the pictures and following your adventures. Look forward to seeing the build photos and stories. Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

We don't begin the building until Nov 15. In the meantime am touring around Phnom Penh. Thanks for looking at the blog.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Welcome to another wonderful area of the world. I'm so glad that you are able to experience it and it to expereince (and benefit from) you! Do your good works -- thank you, you good ambassadors.
Nancy's friend Ruth B

John A. Algera said...

Nancy, Good to see you still spreading the Habitat Mission.
This proverb reminds me of you.
11:25 A generous woman will prosper; she who refreshes others will herself be refreshed.

Anonymous said...

John: That is a nice proverb. Thanks for assigning it to me. Everything is well here and the volunteers are wonderful folks. I am enjoying them all. Nancy

Orville Morales said...

Wow, I certainly have lots to learn when capturing my experience on a Habitat Trip! Next time I go to another country to build, I will keep this blog in mind when capturing the beautiful experience that we all have when on a Habitat Build! Thank you for posting Nancy and being a great example!!

Anonymous said...

Orville: Thanks for your kind comments. It is greaty to be able to share this experience with my Habitat friends and everyone else.
Nancy