Monday, October 10, 2011

Meet our team leader, Bob Danbeck

This is Bob talking, "First, let me welcome everyone to our Cambodian adventure.  I’m sure we will be working hard, but we will also have the opportunity to experience a really wonderful country. This is my second trip to Cambodia, having participated in a build back in 2009. This is also my second opportunity as a team leader – I’m happy to say I did not lose a single person on my trip to Sri Lanka in February. I’ve also participated in HFHI builds in India, Vietnam, El Salvador, and South Carolina over the past several years. I’ve tremendously enjoyed the Habitat building experience and I’m becoming an expert in cinder block construction! 

I’m retired so I have plenty of time to travel. I spent 35 years with IBM and 6 years with the Federal Government – a double dipper. I also lived for many years in China and India and traveled extensively throughout Asia. I currently reside on Lake Norman in North Carolina with my faithful dog, Sam. On a personal note, I’ll be getting married on October 30th, so if anyone is in the Charlotte area at that time, let me know!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob....lookis like a great team!